COVID-19 / CORONAVIRUS ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
If you have booked places for one of our events, you agree to all of the following terms and conditions:
- The ticket purchaser is responsible for ensuring that all those for whom they bought tickets are also aware of these terms and conditions, and that they agree to abide by them.
- You and/or members of your group will not attend the event if you have any Coronavirus symptoms, but will contact Hedgerow Harvest as soon as possible. You will be able to reschedule next year.
- You and/or members of your group will not attend the event if you are in a Coronavirus high risk group, but will contact Hedgerow Harvest as soon as possible. You will be able to reschedule next year.
- You and members of your group will make yourself aware of the general risk of Coronavirus transmission at the time of the event, and will not hold Hedgerow Harvest liable should you contract the virus as a result of attending the event.
- You and members of your group are aware and respectful of other event attendees and the instructor, who may have different needs and attitudes to Coronavirus risk than yourself.
- During the event you agree to adhere to the instruction and protocols of the instructor around social distancing at all times (see below for details).
- Should you develop Coronavirus symptoms within a fortnight of the event you will inform Hedgerow Harvest.
Special social distancing measures for Hedgerow Harvest events:
- 2 metre social distancing throughout
- No passing around of plants
- No passing around of tasters
- No group cookery
- Attendees to bring and use their own hand sanitiser
STANDARD TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please read these terms & conditions carefully before making a course booking. Once a completed booking has confirmed by Hedgerow Harvest, persons on the booking (“the client(s)”) will have entered into a contract on the basis of these terms & conditions.
Agreement on the basis these terms & conditions arise upon the fulfilment of all of the following: receipt by Hedgerow Harvest of a properly completed booking form accompanied by the payment specified; clearance of the payment into Hedgerow Harvest’s bank account; acceptance by Hedgerow Harvest in writing.
Hedgerow Harvest reserves the right, in its absolute discretion and without the need to give reasons, to refuse to accept a booking. In such circumstances no agreement arises and Hedgerow Harvest will return any payment. The agreement is between Hedgerow Harvest and the client(s) and is the sole agreement between those parties. No variation of these terms & conditions shall be applicable unless agreed in writing by Hedgerow Harvest before the relevant course.
The person making the booking shall be deemed to sign that form for his / herself and as agent for all other persons listed on that form and warrants that he /she is appointed agent for that purpose. The agreement is governed by English law.
The balance of the fee as specified must be paid in full by the date specified on the booking form, or if no date is specified, no later than four weeks before the course. If not so paid, Hedgerow Harvest reserves the right to treat the agreement as cancelled by the client(s) pursuant to clause 3, below.
3. Cancellation by client(s)
If the booking is cancelled by the client(s) (for any reason) the following cancellation charge will arise:
- Cancellation between time of booking and 4 weeks before course – full refund less £5 per person admin fee
- Cancellation between 4 weeks and 2 weeks before course – 50% of course fee payable
- Cancellation less than 2 weeks before the course – 100% of course fee payable
And the client acknowledges that it is reasonable for such penalties to arise, given the need for Hedgerow Harvest to make preparations for a course substantially in advance of the course.
4. Cancellation by Hedgerow Harvest
In the event that Hedgerow Harvest cancels a course, all monies will be refunded in full, or if preferred, transferred as a deposit / payment for another course of the same cost. No compensation can be provided for any loss incurred due to such things as pre-booked accommodation or transport.
5. Variation of a course by Hedgerow Harvest
A Hedgerow Harvest course is, by its very nature, exposed to natural variables, including the weather. Whilst every reasonable effort is made to deal with (indeed to learn from) such contingencies there may be occasions when, Hedgerow Harvest through no fault of its own, is forced to vary or modify a course itinerary at short notice or decides to do so in order to take advantage of natural circumstances. The client acknowledges that information about courses provided by Hedgerow Harvest is given in the best of faith but that because of the variability of nature it may be reasonable to alter or modify a course and that in such circumstances it is not reasonable for Hedgerow Harvest to be liable for any losses consequential on such a change and that Hedgerow Harvest’s liability is limited accordingly.
6. The conduct of a course
The client acknowledges that during a Hedgerow Harvest course he / she is required to submit to the reasonable instructions and leadership of Hedgerow Harvest, save that parents, teachers and those in comparable roles in respect of children must maintain control of those children, to the satisfaction of Hedgerow Harvest. The client acknowledges that persons attending a Hedgerow Harvest course are entitled to expect a high standard of conduct and regard for personal well being on the part of all clients. For this reason the client accepts that Hedgerow Harvest may, in its absolute discretion and without the need to give reasons, arrange for him / her to be removed from a course if necessary. Circumstances in which this might occur include (without limitation) disorderly or abusive conduct; intoxication; failure of control over children; inadequacy of clothing or equipment; incapacity or inability to meet the rigours of the course. In such circumstances the client will not be entitled to a refund of monies and Hedgerow Harvest will not be liable for any losses so resulting.
Hedgerow Harvest courses take place in the open countryside and are by their very nature are not absolutely free from hazard. Hedgerow Harvest makes every effort to minimise risk to clients and instructs clients in the safe negotiation of such risk as may remain. Consequently, the client acknowledges that there are circumstances in which an accident could befall a client without Hedgerow Harvest being at fault and accepts that to that extent he / she is taking part in a Hedgerow Harvest course at his / her own risk. Hedgerow Harvest only accepts liability for physical injury to a client that is shown to result from negligence on the part of Hedgerow Harvest. The client acknowledges that other loss, damage and expense (including, without limitation, loss of money, loss or damage to clothes and possessions, losses arising on the cancellation of a booking and the expenses of delay and harm caused other than by the negligence of Hedgerow Harvest) howsoever arising is not the responsibility of Hedgerow Harvest and that Hedgerow Harvest’s liability is hereby limited.
Cars are parked at their owner’s risk. We do not accept any responsibility for theft or damage to cars whilst attending foraging events.
In the unlikely event that a client has cause for complaint about a Hedgerow Harvest course, complaint should be made to a representative of Hedgerow Harvest during the event, in order that corrective action can, if necessary, be taken. The client acknowledges that it is unreasonable to take no action during a course but to complain later. However, should a problem not be resolved, complaint should be made in writing within 28 days. To the extent permitted by law Hedgerow Harvest will not be liable in respect of claims first intimated later than 28 days from the close of the relevant course.
9. Subsequent instruction by client (s)
Although all Hedgerow Harvest courses are taught by experienced & capable leaders, it is not intended that any instruction provided to any client(s) while on a course will in any way qualify that/those client(s) to instruct any third party & no warranty is made to that effect. Hedgerow Harvest hereby excludes any liability it might have to any third party in respect of any loss or damage suffered or incurred by that third party in its reliance on any skills taught by any client(s) on the basis of having attended any Hedgerow Harvest course.
In the unlikely event that Hedgerow Harvest becomes insolvent all monies will be refunded in full.
11. Photo Release
The client allows and consents for them to be photographed, videotaped, and/or used in any media or advertising by Hedgerow Harvest without prior approval. All such photographs and videos etc. are the property of Hedgerow Harvest . If you do not wish any media content of you to be used, you will need to notify us in writing within 5 working days of the activity.